Purpose of Policy:
The General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) is the new EU Regulation on Data Protection from the 25th of May 2018 the GDPR impose obligations on us as a data controller to process personal data in a fair process that notifies the subjects of the purpose of processing such data and how to retain data.
Under these rules, individuals have the right to be informed how personal data is being processed. The GDPR set out information for this purpose.
At Goalpost Ireland we take your privacy seriously. It is important that you know what information we used and what we do with this information.
Who We Are:
Tobin Engineering Tallow Ltd T/A Goalpost Ireland; are manufacturers and suppliers of sports pitch equipment.
Information Collected About You:
During our enquiry, ordering and invoicing and customer service processes we will collect data;
- Data to identify you as an individual
- Data to identify the club, group, society etc that your enquiry, order or invoice is connected to
- Information you have consented to share with us i.e. name, address, telephone number (s), email address, invoice address, delivery address
- Data in relation to other individuals connected to the clubs, group, school etc that are required to process the order i.e. chairman or treasurer of club – must record and approve of purchases
- Data in relation to supply of product to individuals or clubs or school or group etc and maintained in relation to European and Irish Safety Standard requirements whereby we are required under regulations to keep records of products sold, who sold to and location of product to comply with safety standards
- Statistical information (IP address and hostname, web browser version, pages visited etc.) The previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used
This website is maintained by Goalpost Ireland and Deise Design. Goalpost Ireland fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear and explicit permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003.
Collection and use of personal information:
Any personal data which you provide to us using this website eg. Contact Form, Payment Form or Shopping Cart, will be used in line with the purposes for which you provided it. For example to reply to an enquiry which you have made through a contact form or to process payment for a product or service, which you have requested.
We do not store any credit card information as part of any payment through this site. Your credit card details are simply passed securely to our payment processor at the time you make your payment in order to gain authorisation from your bank.
Payment over the phone is done via an Elavon terminal. No information is recorded and the transactions is processed immediately and receipts issued to customers.
What we use the information for:
We will neither make attempts to identify individual visitors, nor associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is our policy never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless explicitly stated, or obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only for statistical and technical purposes.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute ‘personal data’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003.
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a website. Some cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing activities on the website, or a unique identifier so that the website can ‘remember’ you on your return visit.
Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
Social Media Cookies:
We have introduced Google Analytics to assist us in the functioning of this website. This service helps us to provide relevant information in an easily accessible format.
Glossary of technical terms used:
- Web Browser – The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
- IP Address – The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company’s computer), expressed in internet protocol code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
Change of Privacy Statement:
Changes to Terms & Conditions:
We reserve the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions whenever you purchase products from us or use our website.
Further information or to make a request:
If you are concerned about how personal data is processed via this web site, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to our attention.
Our contact Details are as follows:
Tallow, Co. Waterford,